From Embedded Nirvana
Embedded Nirvana Infrastructure
This page describes infrastructure available for collaboration and how to use it. Till date, we have the following platforms which the users and contributors of Embedded Nirvana Group can use for their needs
- Google Groups : Embedded Nirvana Google Group
- Wiki : Embedded Nirvana Wiki Home
- IRC : #embeddednirvana at irc.freenode.net
- Twitter Handle : @embeddednirvana
How to use IRC
Internet Relay Chat or IRC is a Internet text messaging system or a real-time chat system used mostly for online text based conferencing over the Internet. You can find more about IRC here. Using IRC, Embedded Nirvana users would be able to communicate to each other in real-time as long as they are connected on the channel. Its actually like being in a conference over text chat. Also, regular meetings can also be held where all users can have discussions simultaneously.
Start off with IRC quickly:
For chatting, we are using a server irc.freenode.net. On that we have a channel #embeddednirvana which you shall be joining.
- Enter the url http://webchat.freenode.net/ in the browser. Its like a online client for IRC and can connect to Freenode servers for us.
- Enter your nickname and in channels, enter #embeddednirvana
- Enter the captcha and click connect
- Important Commands :
- /join #channel - where #channel is another channel's name
- /nick newnick - change your nickname to newnick
- /msg Buddy how are you? - where Buddy is the user whom you want to send a private message
- /away AwayMessage - Leaves a message when you are away from channel. Use /away by itself when you return.
- /quit I am leaving - where I am leaving is an optional message while you disconnect from IRC
More Info :
Alternative IRC Clients: